While Dan has helped lead significant changes to make Stratford even better, there is still more to be done.
Over the next four years, Dan commits to:
- Starting construction on a new Community Hub that includes space for a seniors and youth centre, a new YMCA, a student life centre for the university, and space for cultural and arts programming.
- Updating and continue executing the Stratford-Perth 10-Year Housing and Homelessness Plan, including building with partners new affordable housing units.
- Implementing the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan with an annual contribution of $400,000.
- Continuing to offer the connect2SKILLS Program to assist those in employment transition to get re-skilled for the jobs of the future.
- Working with community stakeholders, including citizens, school boards, the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance, and mental health and counselling service professionals, to develop and implement a Community Mental Health Strategy.
- Enhancing Stratford’s economy by providing supports for business startups, training for residents, attracting new industries, and expanding available employment lands.